Pendente Lite Custody
A petition for expedited relief, such as a Pendente Lite (temporary) hearing, may be granted if the Court determines that an emergency does not exist, but that certain conditions may create an imminent or ongoing hardship.
Reasons to File for Expedited Relief
1. Relocation of a child which unreasonably may deprive a parent of regular child access
2. An unreasonable deprivation of child access
3. A significant financial hardship to one party.
4. An inability to enroll a child in school
5. An inability to provide medical care
The Pendente Lite hearing is typically restricted to one hour, but may be longer at the discretion of the Court. If no custody order exists the Motion for Expedited Relief must be filed with a Complaint for Custody.
If you need help creating a petition for expedited relief, contact the team at Law Office of Nicholas T. Exarhakis now!