Expedited relief, such as a Pendente Lite (temporary) hearing may be granted
if the Court determines that an emergency does not exist, but that certain
conditions may create an imminent or ongoing hardship such as, but not
1. Relocation of a child which unreasonably may deprive a parent of regular
2. An unreasonable deprivation of child access
3. A significant financial hardship to one party.
4. An inability to enroll a child in school
5. An inability to provide medical care
The Pendente Lite hearing is typically restricted to one hour, but may
be longer at the discretion of the Court. If no custody order exists the
Motion for Expedited Relief must be filed with a Complaint for Custody.